Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm in Russia!


Hi friends!

I am officially in Moscow! We got here late last night after 24 hours of traveling.

Today we went to downtown Moscow to see Red Square, St. Basil's cathedral and Lenin's tomb. Lenin's body was the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. The body is in a glass case and it looks plastic from all of the embalming of the past 90 years since his death. St. Basil's was great and Red Square was really pretty. We also rode the metro around and stopped at all of the big stations in downtown. Lenin wanted to have the prettiest metro system in the world when it was made so it is quite extravagant.

The group is great, there are 14 of us. 12 girls and 2 boys from all over the U.S. 2 of our girls are also Canadian. Monica, Beverly and I are the 3 representing Biola. Then there's our 2 directors Harley and Debbie who know the city very well and are really nice and helpful. Tomorrow we are going to the market next to the hotel to probably buy a bunch of Russian nesting dolls so I am looking forward to that. I will update again soon and I hope you are all doing well in the states.

Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment