Sunday, January 17, 2010

9 degrees in Russia


It's 9 degrees right now in Moscow and we're all freezing!

The past few days we have gone to museums, galleries and cathedrals. We went inside St. Basil's which was even prettier inside than outside. We went to a Russian history museum that had a lot of artifacts from the soviet era and a gallery with giant paintings that were up to 20 feet tall.

Today we went to a bazaar by the hotel that is the biggest market for souvenirs in Russia. I got a bunch of Russian nesting dolls, my favorite being one that is a family of pandas. I also got some fur socks that will hopefully keep my feet warmer than they have been lately.

The locals are so serious! On the metro they just stare straight ahead and don't look at anyone. The picture on the right is of me on the metro with another one of the girls in my group, Tavia. I have the biggest jacket I have seen yet. They also don't say anything, it's always dead silent in public. It's only when you're with them one on one that they open up and laugh. They are all very well dressed and love mullets. Even some of the women have these really sleek mullets. Some how they all pull it off though.

Tonight we are going to the theater to see "Swan Lake", whatever that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment